Tuesday 24 September 2013

Evaluation

My research had contributed to the presentation, as it gave me an insight on the topic. I was also able to point out the key topics. Also, my researched helped me cover all the key concepts such as: Ideologies, Audiences, Representations, Values, Media forms and Genre. This allowed me to know a bit more about my topic. I added a limited amount media terminology and theories. If I had included more it would have benefited me as I would be able to see what links with what. My research failed to contribute more towards the media side, as my research was limited for theories. 

Furthermore, the delivery of my presentation was presented in a formal manner. However, the 15 second ignite presentation had let me down, as the slides would move by very fast, as I had included many animations. The animations would take time to load therefore meaning I would have to wait for them to load, as I failed to rehearse properly before-hand, as on the big board the slides were moving at a different speed. However, on a positive note the animations allowed the audience to stay interacted and be remain entertained, as everything would pop up to them slowly, allowing them to stay intrigued. 

The topic area I had chosen was the representations of reality T.V shows such as 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' and how they are presented in positive and negative manners, due to the actions they take on a daily basis. I could given more specific examples for other characters other than Kim, however she was my main focus. I could have given some information about the little girls Kendal and Kylie and how they're shown and how they've developed. 

I plan to develop the presentation into an extended academic essay, by adding in more key theories to back up my statements and add on more information. I will use more media terminology to show I'm a media student. 



No comments:

Post a Comment